Thursday, July 23, 2009

Moose's Occy attempt



So here's my last ocarina I made for a friend.....Unfortunately it didn't work quite right.
I'm not sure what the problem is.
Very likely it's the SH *soundhole* as is the usually problem with ocarina's but after playing with it and doing tiny adjustments I can get it just right. The higher notes are getting airy. It was in C and I was super happy about it but as I started tuning up the holes the higher got airy and I made changes to the SH which changed the fundamental pitch...it fixed the airiness for awhile but then tuning it more the holes again got airy..... So I don't know if I'll bother trying to fix it or just start over.
It's not a bad shape, a little fatter than I was shooting for though, I'll try putting a video up later maybe.

2 comments:

  1. Nice!!! thats qutie sweet!!! Pinch pot method? gonna add the sub holes or maybe try to make it two octave single chamber?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sorry man I never noticed you commented! Sorry about that...that was almost a year ago! My bad!!!!
    Well I'll answer anyways!
    No man! Haha that one was a dud.....I gave up on it after trying it for awhile and just couldn't get a good sound out of it.
    I just gave it a quick paint job, kind of used it as a tester for a paint style and hung it on my wall for deco.
    Sorry again man!

    ReplyDelete